This is an ideal light dessert after a heavy main meal. We had it for our London Olympics opening ceremony barbecue.
The kids love it usually,I know mine gobbled it all up, and it adds a bit of colour to your table.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooling time: 3 hours and 30 minutes
Vegetable oil, for greasing
250g pack basics strawberries, hulled
135g pack orange jelly
125g pack basics blueberries
135g pack strawberry jelly
1 orange, peeled and segmented
A few mint leaves, to garnish
- Grease a 1lb-loaf tin with oil and add half the strawberries.
- Put the orange jelly in a measuring jug and add boiling water up to the 200ml mark. Stir until dissolved, then top up with cold water to the 250ml mark.
- Allow to cool, then pour half the jelly over the strawberries. Leave to set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jelly from the freezer and top with the blueberries. Make the strawberry jelly as above and pour half onto the blueberries (see tip below). Return to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining strawberries on top. Pour in the remaining orange jelly and leave to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and quickly dip the loaf tin in warm water. Turn out the jelly onto a board. Slice and serve with mint leaves.
I used a recipe from the sainsbury website. You can access it here.