Ingredients:1. Aubergine - 300g / 2-3 cups
Shallots/ onions - 1/2 cup
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Green chilli - 2
Curry leaves - 2- 3 sprigs
2. Grated coconut - 1 cup
shallots/onion - 1/2 cup
curry leaves - 2- 3 sprigs
3. Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Chilly powder - 2 tsp
4. Tamarind paste - 2 tbsp
5. Red chilli - 2
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cook aubergine cut in to medium chunks in enough water and rest of ingredients of (1) till soft.
- Meanwhile dry roast (2) till coconut turns brown shaking the pan constantly to get an even colour.
- Dessicated coconut is faster to get roasted. :)
- Mix (3) in to the pan and stir for another minute over low heat.
- Grind this coconut mix to a coarse paste with as little water as permitted by ur blender.
- Once your aubergine is cooked add the coconut paste together with tamarind to it and let it boil.
- Add final tadka by adding dried chilli and mustard seeds to hot oil. Once the mustard seeds start to splutter, remove from heat and tip it over to ur theeyal.
Enjoy this spicy veg curry with par boiled rice. Yummmm!