Chicken fry is something that I whip up quickly and my toddler son luvs it. Here is one recipe that I use quite frequently.
1 - Chicken - 1kg
2 - Red chilli powder - 1tbsp
Coriander powder -1tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2tsp
Garlic paste - 2tsp
Ginger paste -2tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2tsp
Garam masala - 1tsp
Egg -1 beaten
Salt to taste
3 - Oil - a cup
- The method is similar to a fish fry.
- Clean and prepare your chicken pieces.
- Rub marinade on to chicken pieces .
- Leave the pieces aside for about 60 minutes, if u have got the time for a brilliant taste. But frying them straight away gives a tasty chicken fry too.
- If leaving for longer, refrigerate. If planning to leave for long periods of time avoid the salt, please don't forget to add salt before frying. The marinated pieces can be frozen on the day, to be used within 2 weeks.
- I usually shallow fry my chicken using about a cup of oil .
- Turn sides after about 2-5 minutes depending on the size of your pieces. The botton side should be golden brown at this point. Do the same with the now-bottom side. This gives a beautifully fried chicken which is crispy on the outside and soft and succulent on the inside.