Our house hold luvs a packed lunch. Over the years I have tried all sorts of food for lunch. Most of them are very healthy and balanced since lunch time is the only time we as a family eat healthy usually :). My criteria for a good lunch includes quick to prepare, can eat with one hand, not too 'fragrant' and not too spicy. I will share more of my quick lunch recipes in time. Watch this space.
Tuna-mayo sandwich is one that frequently makes it's way to mine and my dear D's lunch box. When I use mayonnaise I try not to use regular bread as the mayo leaves the bread soggy by lunch time. I try to make my own or use shop-bought baguette, a long thin loaf of French bread.
Here is how I make it
Ingredients ( for two)
Baguette - about 30 cm long
Tuna - one can drained
Mayonnaise - 4 tbsp or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Salad leaves - a few( lettuce/ baby spinach/ rocket/ any u fancy)
- Cut a baguette in half and then halve each portion in such a way that it opens like a book.
- Start layering the ingredients - salad leaves first, then tuna, then mayo. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over this.
- Ur sandwich is ready to go on ur lunch box
- U can add sweet corn for the famous tuna-mayo-sweet corn sandwich
- Change the bread to a rustic roll or brown bread for a healthy twist
- Use garlic mayo for a desi touch