|Barbequed Seekh Kebab|
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
1 - Mutton kheema - 2 cups
2 - Onion thinly chopped - 1
Green chillies thinly chopped - 2
Ginger-garlic paste - 2tbsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tbsp
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
A pinch of black pepper powder
Salt to taste
3 - Chaat masala to sprinkle
Oil to fry
4 - Olive oil or melted butter to baste
- Squeeze the water from mutton kheema, add all the other ingredients and mix well. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Make kebabs to ur desired shape. I shaped them around metal skewers. Take a big portion or ball of the keema mixture and press around the skewer. Flatten the mixture to stick tightly around the skewer.
- It is always a good idea to shallow fry a tiny ball as tester and taste it for salt and spices.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees on high heat. Place the skewers in hot oven and keep the oven on grill mode. Keep rotating them occasionally and bast either with butter or oil. When the kebabs seem cooked, remove them from the skewers.
- Now heat a flat griddle and drizzle some oil. Place these kebabs over the tawa for few minutes.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve immediately with coriander chutney and salad.
- They are great for a hot barbecue.
- To serve:
- Kebabs are delicious with rice or any flat bread like naan.
- U can use bread crumbs or roasted dal powder to help shape ur kebabs if they turn too soft.
If you found this post useful, I would really love for you to pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles please using the buttons below and keep me motivated.
Thank you xx