Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
1 - Basmati rice - 1/2 cup
2 - Mushrooms - 3/4 cup
Peas - 1/2 cup
3 - Bay leaf - 1
Cardamom - 2
Shahi jeera - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon - 2 inch stick
Cloves - 2
4- Onion - 1 medium thinly sliced
Green chillies - 1 or 2, slit
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
5 - Biriyani masala - 2 tsp
Mint sauce - 1/4 tsp
6 - Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
Water - 3/4 cup
7 - Ghee - 2 tsp
- Sprinkle some plain flour on the mushrooms and peel of the skin using a knife. Cut them into cubes.
- In a deep pan add ghee and splutter (3).
- Add onions and green chilies, fry till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté to get their raw smell off.
- Add mush rooms and peas together with salt and saute to cook them. This doesn't take more than 3 minutes.
- Mix in the biriyani masala and keep aside.
- In a large microwavable bowl add rice and (6) followed by the prepared veg masala.
- Cook at full power for 20 minutes or till all the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff up using a fork to separate grains.
- Serve hot with raita and poppadoms.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if u wish